Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Personal Valet



During an assignment at my last job, I had to check out one of those genuine (one you have to actually dig through) antique stores to look for unique light fixtures. I previously wasn't a fan of antique/vintage stores (this was before my fascination with Time Warp, see earlier posts) period, the end. I can honestly say I wasn't really a shopper extraordinaire till I entered this world.



I entered Aladdin's Lamp Antiques (225-336-0969; 2648 Government St. B.R., La. 70806), looking for light fixtures and came out with a personal valet, well, valet chair FOR ONLY$16! Besides the mod design (they were invented in 1953), I love how functional it is. There is a hanger for one's coat, a ledge for shoes and extra storage in the seat. A fine greeter to have in my apt everyday when I get home!

No comments: