Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A.C. in N.O

The beautiful silver-haired, topaz-eyed super Cooper made his monthly voyage to N.O. yesterday and I got to see him speak at Tulane University (excuse the blurry pic). He talks fast and is just freakin' adorable. He couldn't directly answer some the questions though - mainly because he was asked things like "Rate TV, newspapers and Internet by which is least bias" and "I'm in med school and I don't have a lot of time to get the news-what do you think is the best source?" To which Anderson answered, "Um, I do work for CNN . . ."

One decent question was "How much do ratings affect what is covered?" He answered it eloquently explaining that it's not the media that sets the agenda anymore, its the audience. Essentially saying ratings mean a lot and that viewers would rather watch Obama's former pastor Rev. Wright's antics than hear about tornadoes in Virginia. Yes, we've dumbed down.


On a lighter note (really there's nothing light about this), I took my friend to Sucre, www.shopsucre.com, a new sweets shop on Magazine St. These aren't just desserts - they're works of art! Pastel colored macaroons and marshmallows, glittery cupcakes and gelato! OH MY! And I didn't eat any- just brought one home to my mom.

2 comments:

lauren said...

Don't do that to me pags. Gawd those treats look delicious. how did you refrain?

Parish Provenance said...

My pants were tight!